Products of Slavery 3:12
From materials to production, slave labor contributes to many everyday items...
You can read the short transcript instead.
- According to current estimates, it is believed one in four victims of modern slavery are children, meaning around 10 million are in child slavery today.
- Children in slavery are often surrounded by violence, abuse and threats. They work long hours doing hazardous, tiring work, usually far from their homes and family.
- Child slavery can take many forms, although it is usually forced labour. This includes domestic servitude or debt bondage.
- Children are also trafficked, forced into marriage and armed conflict, or exploited for the profit of others. This exploitation includes illicit activities including commercial sexual exploitation, pornography, forced begging, petty theft, and the drugs trade.
- Child trafficking is one form of child slavery. Human trafficking usually involves threats of violence, deception, or coercion, but no such force is needed when trafficking children.
- According to UNICEF, there about around 300,000 child soldiers involved in over 30 conflicts worldwide, including some younger than 10 years old.
- The latest ILO statistics report child labour has declined by a third since 2000.
- Recent laws, like the UK’s Modern Slavery Act and the US Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act, have placed bans on imports made by child labour.
- Some industries, like woven rugs, have begun taking steps to eliminate child slavery, thanks to increased public awareness and pressure.
Take Action: End Orphanage Child Trafficking
Freedom United is interested in hearing from our community and welcomes relevant, informed comments, advice, and insights that advance the conversation around our campaigns and advocacy. We value inclusivity and respect within our community. To be approved, your comments should be civil.
A few things we do not tolerate: comments that promote discrimination, prejudice, racism, or xenophobia, as well as personal attacks or profanity. We screen submissions in order to create a space where the entire Freedom United community feels safe to express and exchange thoughtful opinions.
I honestly can’t fathom how anyone in their right mind can talk about anything of “value” or “substance” without tying it to the dissolution of this heinous industry. SILENCE IS CONSENT AKA IGNORANCE AKA WAKE UP PEOPLE
I think this is too much
i do not think this is to munch it gives me the perfect amount of info
Thank you Jane for your input