- This event has passed.
March 6, 2023 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm CET
Event: Hidden in plain sight – Women’s rights and access to justice in global value chains
About this event
“Too often, gender remains invisible in companies’ due diligence processes, as well as to courts and public authorities involved in identifying and addressing adverse impacts or providing remediation when harm has occurred.
Speakers from the frontlines will expose the existing barriers for women in companies’ global value chains, and address why they persist and how to tackle them.
Together with experts from national and EU institutions, they will explain the importance of extending corporate sustainability due diligence rules across the full value chain, as well as providing access to justice for women, in order to remedy these deep-rooted injustices.
The event will also analyze the current national laws on due diligence in Europe and the opportunities presented by the EU directive.
Finally, speakers will provide their recommendations on how to ensure that future laws holding companies accountable for human rights and environmental abuses are gender responsive and address the key issues affecting women.”
- Lara Wolters MEP S&D/Netherlands)
- Barry Andrews (MEP Renew/Ireland)
- Samira Rafaela (MEP Renew/Netherlands)
- Anosha Wahidi (German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development)
- Carolina Rudnick Vizcarra (Lawyer and ontological coach. Co-founder of Libera, Chile and CEO of CAICÜN)
- Susana López Ramírez (Coordinator of Pastoral de la Tierra de San Marcos, Guatemala)
- Moderated by Sylvia Obregon Quiroz (European Coalition for Corporate Justice)
Online or at the Press Club Brussels Europe, Rue Froissart 95, 1000 Brussels, Belgium