Latest modern slavery fight updates - FreedomUnited.org
Donate

Washington Police Free Twelve Victims of Sex Trafficking

  • Published on
    January 8, 2016
  • News Source Image
  • Category:
Hero Banner

Washington State Police free twelve victims of sex trafficking.  Most had been brought to the Seattle area from South Korea and forced into sex work to pay off family debts…

This article says that 14 people were arrested and two websites that were part of the operation had been shut down. Police arrested eleven men as part of an online network/website called the Review Board where customers–20,000 members–connected with traffickers. Those arrested face felony charges. A spokesperson said, “These women are true victims — make no mistake about it.”

The website on Thursday featured the insignia of the agencies involved in the investigation – the sheriff’s office, Bellevue Police Department, King County Prosecutor’s Office and FBI – along with the message, ‘This website has been seized pursuant to a Promoting Prostitution investigation’.

To read the entire article, click on the link below.

View Article on Daily Mail

Subscribe

Freedom United is interested in hearing from our community and welcomes relevant, informed comments, advice, and insights that advance the conversation around our campaigns and advocacy. We value inclusivity and respect within our community. To be approved, your comments should be civil.

stop icon A few things we do not tolerate: comments that promote discrimination, prejudice, racism, or xenophobia, as well as personal attacks or profanity. We screen submissions in order to create a space where the entire Freedom United community feels safe to express and exchange thoughtful opinions.

Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Most Voted
Newest Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

This week

EU 'worried' as Libyan Coast Guard fires on European rescue vessel

A Libyan coast guard vessel donated by Italy and funded by the EU fired “hundreds of bullets” at a rescue ship in international waters. The European Commission has called the incident “a worrying development.” That said, it continues to support Libyan authorities under the EU’s migration cooperation deal. Armed violence against humanitarian workers The Ocean Viking, operated by SOS Mediterranee, had just rescued a group of migrants when a

| Thursday August 28, 2025

Read more