Vacancy: Executive Assistant
* Now closed to applications*
This is an opportunity for a senior experienced EA to play a pivotal role in helping Freedom United’s Executive Director support and grow the world’s largest community dedicated to ending human trafficking and modern slavery. Freedom United is a Stop Slavery Campaigns Award finalist, respected for our ability to mobilize supporters and build power through digital campaigns bolstering our partner organizations’ efforts and resulting in real change for a world in which slavery no longer thrives.
Location: Remote based (between GMT-5 and +2) with the ability to work from London preferred.
Success in the role: We’re looking for an exceptional senior EA to the Executive Director to implement effective and efficient operations throughout the organisation. This is a varied role, with tasks from the routine and mundane to the technical, suiting a candidate with experience of turning their hand to any task or problem swiftly for a fast resolution and working with a remote-based international team. Whilst the selected candidate will be a team player, this role requires self-reliance and the proven ability to drive their own work and show bags of initiative. The postholder will identify opportunities to maximise efficiencies, future-proof the administration, and implement processes that support our already collaborative, dynamic team, so their efforts remain focused on ending modern slavery.
Postholder attributes: This is a diverse role that will benefit the candidate’s ability to draw on extensive experience. The nature of which is not as important as having the right attributes and a strong commitment to and being energized by refining and establishing administrative systems to support our mission to end modern slavery.
- Essential: Exceptional eye for detail; excellent communication and relationship skills; flexibility; quick learning; self-starting; logical thinking; timely problem solving; confident decision-making; pragmatic; digitally confident; ability to simultaneously manage a wide variety of tasks.
- As a ‘digital-first’ nonprofit, an understanding of web development is a bonus.
- Oversee management of incoming correspondence
- Maintaining up to date details across a variety of platforms
- Organizing and managing filing systems
- Administrative support to individual giving programs
- Finance administration
- Board of Directors administration
- Helps progress specific and diverse but mainly web-based projects
- Implementing and maintaining administrative systems, including recruitment procedures
- Monitoring the implementation of other organizational processes both internally and externally
- Assists in event planning and management
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Executive Director.
Key relationships: The postholder will work across the global staff team and also with our specialist professional contractors, the Board of Directors, and others. To be successful the postholder will need to build a particularly strong rapport with the Executive Director to help realise the vision she leads.
- 24 days paid time off (10 of which are public holidays, plus the day off on your birthday and light responsibilities between Christmas and New Year)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Flexible location between GMT-5 and GMT+2
- Ability to drive positive change around the world
- Salary: approximately £33k or $42k (exact dependent on location, arrangement and experience)
Please submit your CV and 350-word cover letter to [email protected] with ‘EA Vacancy’ in the subject line. Limited resources may prevent us from replying to all candidates. Position remains open until filled.