We’re hiring: Philanthropy and Fundraising Consultant
We’re looking for an experienced and organized individual donor and major gifts fundraiser to set in place new donation options, assess and sharpen existing donation streams, deepening our relationship with existing donors, and assist Freedom United to secure new sources of funding.
The consultant will work across the diverse Freedom United community, major donors, high net worth individuals, small donations, as well as with our board of directors to help secure new sponsors.
Freedom United is a Stop Slavery Campaigns Award finalist, respected for our ability to mobilize supporters and build power through digital campaigns bolstering our partner organizations’ efforts and resulting in real change for a world in which slavery no longer thrives. We’re particularly interested in applications from people with lived experience of trafficking and modern slavery.
Time: 60 days before June 2021
Location: Remote based (between GMT-5 and +2) with a preference for Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Success in the role: The consultant will understand and serve our donors increasing the average donation size, reduce drop offs, progress towards doubling the number of regular givers, securing new major donors and establishing new ways of giving. The consultant will present Freedom United’s theory of change with passion, backed with examples of our work in action.
Postholder attributes: The postholder’s experience is not as important as their ability to meet the essential attributes listed below.
- Fundraising and donor relations experience, particularly with individual donors at a senior level.
- Proven excellent communication skills with a diverse audience; understanding and commitment to Freedom United’s theory of change, flexibility; quick learning; logical thinking; confident decision-making; pragmatic; creative; digitally confident.
- Whilst the selected candidate will be a team player, this role requires self-reliance and the proven ability to drive their own work and show bags of initiative.
- Experience of donor engagement with a similar ‘digital-first’ non-profit will be an asset.
- Knowledge of Funraise and other digital fundraising tools.
- Good understanding of digital marketing principles.
- Building a deep understanding of our supporter base, donor behaviour and interests
- Assessing our existing processes, identifying and executing opportunities on the Freedom United platform to improve retention, engagement and donor experience
- Developing and implementing, with the support of the team, new ways for supporters to give, including legacy giving and supporter fundraising
- Working with the Board of Directors to recruit sponsors to enable us to broaden our reach in board recruitment
- Working with the Executive Director and advocacy team to draft fundraising applications to foundations
Key relationships: The postholder will work across the global staff team, particularly the Executive Director and Executive Assistant, our Board of Directors and tech team.
Rate: $170/day plus a performance dependent bonus available up to $5,000
Please submit your CV and 350 word cover letter to [email protected] with ‘Philanthropy and Fundraising Consultant’ in the subject line. Limited resources may prevent us from replying to all candidates. Position remains open until filled.
As a team we are relatively identity diverse. We practice equality in our recruitment and seek diversity to further improve our understanding of both the Freedom United community and victims of slavery.
We’re particularly interested in applications from people with lived experience of trafficking and modern slavery.
About Freedom United
Our vision: is a world free of modern slavery and human trafficking.
Our mission: We are the world’s largest community dedicated to ending human trafficking and modern slavery. We mobilize a united community to create power for change by making the public stakeholders in the ending modern slavery. We equip millions of supporters with awareness, education and ways to take action that drives real change.
- Action – We must bring together global voices as one to create power for sustainable change
- Empowerment – We believe that the anti-slavery movement should be survivor-led
- Community – Collaborating in strong partnerships and coalitions is central to our impact
- Respect – We prioritize accuracy over sensationalism, rather we embrace complexity and nuance
- Transparency – We value integrity, share what we know and collaborate wherever we can
You can read more about how we work and our beliefs including on mass action and the need for systemic change at https://www.freedomunited.org/how-we-work/