We’re hiring: Operations Assistant
This is an exciting opportunity to learn about all aspects of a human rights non-profit. We’re looking for someone who enjoys being highly organized and has a great attention to detail to provide support to mobilize the world’s largest community dedicated to ending human trafficking and modern slavery.
Freedom United is a Stop Slavery Campaigns Award finalist, respected for our ability to mobilize supporters and build power through digital campaigns bolstering our partner organizations’ efforts and resulting in real change for a world in which slavery no longer thrives. We are recognised for our My Story, My Dignity campaign, and topical issues including prison slavery, as well as building bridges between sex workers and the movement against trafficking.
Permanent, full-time (flexible, down to 80% FT)
Location: Remote, U.S. or U.K. preference for New York U.S.
Freedom United harnesses the power of its supporters to influence social, business and political change. Freedom United is a digital-first organization that works closely with partner organizations and experts in the field to build strong, effective online campaigns and engaging copy to mobilize our supporters to take action, to ensure decision-makers around the world take action to end modern slavery.
The Operations Assistant reports to the Executive Assistant primarily supporting donor stewardship, maintaining records and organizational compliance, conducting research, analyzing data, and more. The postholder will also have the opportunity, through the Senior Advocacy Officer, to support our advocacy work using the latest in digital campaigning, working with partners around the world, to help build a stronger, and more powerful movement.
Postholder attributes: The postholder’s experience is not as important as their ability to meet the essential attributes listed below, in particular writing, as content creation forms a significant part of the role.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional eye and enthusiasm for getting things just right
- Proven ability to manage time and priorities effectively
- As a ‘digital-first’ non-profit, confidence in an array of digital tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility; quick learning; self-starting; logical thinking; timely problem solving; pragmatic; highly values integrity
- A willingness to learn
- Graduate degree
- Experience of web development
- Strong design skills
- Understanding of and commitment to ending modern slavery and human trafficking
- Assist with the oversight of organizational policies
- Assist with administrative compliance duties
- Liaise with U.S. authorities on solicitation compliance
- Build content on digital platforms including WordPress and our email platform
- Process, acknowledge and outreach to donors
- Respond to and acknowledge supporter queries
- Design promotional digital images, including for social media
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Executive Assistant, Senior Advocacy Officer and Executive Director.
- 24 days paid time off (10 of which are public holidays, plus the day off on your birthday and light responsibilities between Christmas and New Year)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Ability to drive positive change around the world
- Salary: $33,000 (or £24,000) dependent on experience. We do not offer healthcare cover.
Please apply for this position on Indeed. Limited resources may prevent us from replying to all candidates. Position remains open until filled.
As a team we are relatively identity diverse. We practice equality in our recruitment and seek diversity to further improve our understanding of both the Freedom United community and victims of slavery.
We’re particularly interested in applications from people with lived experience of trafficking and modern slavery.
About Freedom United
Our vision: is a world free of modern slavery and human trafficking.
Our mission: We are the world’s largest community dedicated to ending human trafficking and modern slavery. We mobilize a united community to create power for change by making the public stakeholders in the ending modern slavery. We equip millions of supporters with awareness, education and ways to take action that drives real change.
- Action – We must bring together global voices as one to create power for sustainable change
- Empowerment – We believe that the anti-slavery movement should be survivor-led
- Community – Collaborating in strong partnerships and coalitions is central to our impact
- Respect – We prioritize accuracy over sensationalism, rather we embrace complexity and nuance
- Transparency – We value integrity, share what we know and collaborate wherever we can
You can read more about how we work and our beliefs including on mass action and the need for systemic change at https://www.freedomunited.org/how-we-work/