We’re hiring: Campaigner
This is an opportunity for a someone creative who loves digital and wants the opportunity to bring their passions together to support campaigns that mobilize the world’s largest community dedicated to ending human trafficking and modern slavery.
Freedom United is a Stop Slavery Campaigns Award finalist, respected for our ability to mobilize supporters and build power through digital campaigns bolstering our partner organizations’ efforts and resulting in real change for a world in which slavery no longer thrives. We are recognised for our My Story, My Dignity campaign, and topical issues including prison slavery, as well as building bridges between sex workers and the movement against trafficking.
Location: Remote, preference for U.K.
Freedom United harnesses the power of its supporters to influence social, business and political change. Freedom United is a digital-first organization that works closely with partner organizations and experts in the field to build strong, effective online campaigns and engaging copy to mobilize our supporters to take action, to ensure decision-makers around the world take action to end modern slavery.
The Campaigner will report to the Senior Advocacy Officer and will support and implement our national and global campaigns on a broad range of modern slavery issues. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a small team focused on using the latest in digital campaigning, working with partners around the world, to help build a stronger, and more powerful movement.
Postholder attributes: The postholder’s experience is not as important as their ability to meet the essential attributes listed below, in particular creative campaigning with digital tools, and social media.
- A proven passion for online campaigning including through social media
- Confidence in an array of digital tools
- Applying creative thinking
- Attention to detail and enthusiasm for getting things just right
- An eye for design
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong teamwork ethic
- Flexibility; quick learning; self-starting; logical thinking; timely problem solving; organised; and highly values integrity
- Understanding of and commitment to our mission ending modern slavery and human trafficking
- Experience in advocacy in the non-profit sector, using both online and offline tactics/technologies in the US and internationally
- An active network, especially within the US and globally that can help end modern slavery
- Good understanding of the US policy process and international mechanisms
- A strategic thinker demonstrated through campaign design and management
- Experience of working to ending modern slavery and human trafficking
- Develop, run, implement and maintain campaigns primarily on advocacy, but also including fundraising and awareness/supporter education
- Support the implementation of campaigns led by other team members
- Draft content for campaigns, news, supporter emails and social copy content
- Design visual content to accompany copy for social and campaigns as needed using digital tools and photography
- Work with digital tools to build campaigns, emails, monitor and report on progress
- Work closely and develop partnerships with other organizations, experts and survivor advocates, to develop a strong strategy, policy, and accurate messages as well as broadening support for campaigns
- Engage with supporters on various platforms
- Keep up to date on world events to respond rapidly and effectively to campaign developments, and identify opportunities for new and existing campaigns.
- Follow best practices and organizational procedures, including record maintenance and processes, to help ensure quality of output and up to date systems
- Assistance with building activities to help broaden out our supporter base
- Keep updated with developments in campaign innovation and seek to apply creative techniques to secure campaign wins
- Organize campaign actions and logistics such as public petition deliveries and stunts
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- 24 days paid time off (10 of which are public holidays, plus the day off on your birthday and light responsibilities between Christmas and New Year)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Ability to drive positive change around the world
- Salary: £28,000
Please apply for this position on Indeed. Limited resources may prevent us from replying to all candidates. Position remains open until filled.
As a team we are relatively identity diverse. We practice equality in our recruitment and seek diversity to further improve our understanding of both the Freedom United community and victims of slavery.
We’re particularly interested in applications from people with lived experience of trafficking and modern slavery.
About Freedom United
Our vision: is a world free of modern slavery and human trafficking.
Our mission: We are the world’s largest community dedicated to ending human trafficking and modern slavery. We mobilize a united community to create power for change by making the public stakeholders in the ending modern slavery. We equip millions of supporters with awareness, education and ways to take action that drives real change.
- Action – We must bring together global voices as one to create power for sustainable change
- Empowerment – We believe that the anti-slavery movement should be survivor-led
- Community – Collaborating in strong partnerships and coalitions is central to our impact
- Respect – We prioritize accuracy over sensationalism, rather we embrace complexity and nuance
- Transparency – We value integrity, share what we know and collaborate wherever we can
You can read more about how we work and our beliefs including on mass action and the need for systemic change at https://www.freedomunited.org/how-we-work/