- This event has passed.
February 21 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm GMT
Breaking the cycle – a more effective response to child exploitation
“To break the cycle of exploitation and abuse we need to target those ultimately response. By using creative approaches and making the most the available legislation we can ensure perpetrators receive appropriate sentences for their crimes while helping prevent them from targeting children and young people in the future.
This session is aimed at police officers, particularly responding officers and those who regularly have contact with young people in their role.
During this session, we will:
- Explore creative uses of available legislation including civil orders
- Consider whether current approaches such as focusing on drug possession and supply charges are the most effective
- Discuss a multi-agency approach to disruption
- Consider how positive interactions with exploited young people can both help safeguard them and may lead to more successful investigations
- Consider how being an effective First Responder in the NRM can complement police investigations.
- Consider good practice in responding to exploited young people as they move into adulthood
- Consider real life case studies and good practice recommendations arising from these.”