User experience campaigns specialist for Freedom United
Freedom United is respected for our ability to mobilize supporters and build power through digital campaigns on subjects ranging from the Uyghur crisis in China, prison slavery in the U.S., and orphanage trafficking. Our work results in real change for a world in which slavery no longer thrives. We are searching for a user experience specialist with an understanding of third sector campaigning to maintain Freedom United’s position at the cutting-edge of digital marketing in the anti-slavery movement.
Time/ budget: USD $15,000 will cover time and software required. It is anticipated that the consultant will commit 300 hours in total, depending on their experience, over three months beginning as soon as possible.
Location: Remote based (between GMT -6 and +2)
Success in the role:
- Improvements to user experience implemented (measures: user retention and conversion, time on site, site traffic)
- Increase in individual donors (measure: percentage increase in number of individual donors and donation total)
- Summary mapping of supporter journeys
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building a deep understanding of supporter journeys by accessing and analysing data, including through implementation of specialist software
- Assessing existing website and making recommendations to the Executive Director for improvements with a focus on Freedom United’s mission, following through the deployment of those improvements in coordination with our CTO and /or tech team
- Identifying opportunities to convert web visitors to subscribers and one-off donors to recurring donors
Key relationships: The postholder will work primarily with the Executive Director and Executive Assistant, our Chief Technology Officer and tech team.
- Significant experience improving user experience on digital first ‘campaigning for a cause’ platforms
- Self-starter who can quickly uncover areas of improvement, is self-reliant and has the proven ability to drive their own work whilst maintaining focus on the objectives
- Deep understanding of website development and latest tools
- Experience with responsive website coding best-practices with the ability to identify areas of improvement for both mobile and desktop traffic.
- Data-driven analytical mindset with the ability to uncover insights using different data sources and present such data to executives and key decision makers
- Commitment to Freedom United’s theory of change, flexible; logical thinking; confident decision-making; pragmatic; and creative
- Understanding of website optimization best practices including site speed optimization tools and techniques.
To apply: Please submit your CV and 350-word cover letter to email@example.com with ‘User Experience Consultant’ in the subject line. Limited resources may prevent us from replying to all candidates. Position remains open until filled.
We’re particularly interested in applications from people with lived experience of trafficking and modern slavery.
As a team we are relatively identity diverse. We practice equality in our recruitment and seek diversity to further improve our understanding of both the Freedom United community and victims of slavery.
About Freedom United
Our vision: is a world free of modern slavery and human trafficking.
Our mission: We are the world’s largest community dedicated to ending human trafficking and modern slavery. We mobilize a united community to create power for change by making the public stakeholders in the ending modern slavery. We equip millions of supporters with awareness, education and ways to take action that drives real change.
- Action – We must bring together global voices as one to create power for sustainable change
- Empowerment – We believe that the anti-slavery movement should be survivor-led
- Community – Collaborating in strong partnerships and coalitions is central to our impact
- Respect – We prioritize accuracy over sensationalism, rather we embrace complexity and nuance
- Transparency – We value integrity, share what we know and collaborate wherever we can
You can read more about how we work and our beliefs including on mass action and the need for systemic change at https://www.freedomunited.org/how-we-work/