- This event has passed.
March 30 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm HMT
‘Your Work/Environment’ Launch Event
“Join the Pulitzer Center and a panel of top experts from Bangladesh, Brazil and the United States in a virtual conversation about Your Work/Environment, a new initiative aimed at encouraging reporting on climate change and its impact on workers and the workplace. The 90-minute discussion will begin on Wednesday, March 30, 2022, at 9:00am EDT and 7:00pm BST (Bangladesh GMT +6 hours).
Global climate risks are playing out in fields and on factory floors and increasingly being discussed in company boardrooms. Attendees to this Pulitzer session will hear what jobs and employment sectors, what factory practices, what sorts of manufacturing – from computer chips to batteries to food production to fast-fashion – are threatened or face change.
The panelists will consider how climate change has been covered in the media and respond to questions about what is missing from the reporting landscape. This event will feature presentations and discussion with the following speakers as well as audience Q&A:
- Saleemul Huq, senior fellow in the Climate Change Group at the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) and the director of the International Centre for Climate Change and Development, in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Learn more about him here.
- Phaedra Pezzullo, associate professor at University of Colorado who recently was awarded the Christine L. Oravec Award in Environmental Communication. Learn more about her here.
- Marielle Ramires, communicator with Midia Ninja in Brazil. Learn more about Midia Ninja here.
- Farhana Sultana, associate professor of geography and the environment at Syracuse University whose main areas of expertise are climate justice, water governance, political ecology, and feminist scholarship. Learn more about her here.
- Jon Sawyer, executive director of the Pulitzer Center. Learn more about him here.
- Flora Pereira, Pulitzer’s Rainforest Outreach and Education manager. Learn more about her here.
Want more information? Please join us for this special online launch event.”