- This event has passed.
May 10 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm CEST
End Uyghur Forced Labour Public Event
“On Tuesday, the 10th of May (17h-18h CET), the Coalition to End Forced Labour in the Uyghur Region (www.enduyghurforcedlabour.org) is organising a public event in the European Parliament in Brussels to highlight the state-imposed forced labour faced by the Uyghur population and amplify the voices of the Uyghur community and their experiences in trying to defend their human rights and freedoms.
Almost two years after the launch of the Coalition, panellists will take stock of the current situation and the Coalition’s achievements. Speakers will also have a chance to exchange views on the ongoing policy and corporate actions that are ongoing and how they should be further developed.”
Confirmed speakers are:
– Bernard Guetta, Member of the European Parliament
– Salima Yenbou, Member of the European Parliament
– Samuel Cogolati, Member of the Belgian Parliament
– Jewher Ilham, human rights advocate and daughter of 2019 Sakharov prize laureate, Ilham Tohti
– Chloe Cranston, Business and Human Rights Manager, Anti-Slavery International