- This event has passed.
February 3 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC-5
Taking the trafficking out of sex work
A special panel event discussing the decriminalization of sex work with our expert panel as an alternative to the Nordic Model and how the decriminalization of sex work can help build resilience to trafficking.
Trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation is a serious crime. Whilst some consider this form of trafficking as synonymous with sex work, we’re exploring how this approach could actually hinder efforts to reduce trafficking in the industry.
How can the law address sex trafficking whilst also empowering sex workers and ensuring they are afforded their rights?
We’re thrilled to invite you to hear from leading voices on the issue including:
– Laura Watson , spokesperson & activist at the English Collective of Prostitutes
– Esta Steyn, Director of Campaigns at Be Slavery Free
– Nadia Whittome MP, Labour MP for Nottingham East
– Professor Nick Mai, researcher and expert on migration and sex work at the University of Newcastle
– Mariah Grant, Director of Research, Organizing and Advocacy at Sex Workers Project
– Megan Hector, activist at Decrim Now
You can register for our event here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_88l_o4_EQXiJP8vTiA_ISA